I make this with ham for my hubby and smoked salmon for me! He doesn’t really like dressings, but this zingy horseradish one has definitely converted him.
Ingredients – makes 2
- 100g frozen peas
- 175g beetroot cubed
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuce sliced
- 100g ham
- 2 tsp yogurt or creme fraiche
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- Run the peas under a hot tap for a few minutes, drain and set to one side
- Divide salad leaves between two bowls and top with the peas and beetroot.
- Mix the yogurt and horseradish together to make a dressing (add a splash of water if needed), and drizzle over the salad.
- Lay the ham on top and sprinkle with spring onions.
If you are making this for a packed lunch then put the dressing in a little bowl and add it before serving.
Ham and Beetroot Salad link to pdf