I created this recipe for my lovely client Lynda, she wanted to wow her family by cooking a paella. This is a really easy version, it can be on the table in 30 minutes, and uses lot of ingredients from the freezer and store cupboard.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g basmati rice
- 1 chicken breast (chopped into smallish cubes)
- 1/3 ring chorizo (chopped into smallish cubes)
- 16 (approx) frozen king prawns
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch saffron
- 150ml white wine or dry sherry vinegar
- 120g frozen peas
- 400ml vegetable stock (cube is fine)
- lemon wedges and fresh parsley chopped to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chorizo and cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes saffron and paprika and stir. Add the rice and ensure it is fully coated in the oil and spice mixture.
- Stir in the wine or sherry and increase the temperature so that the liquid boil and stir for 1 minute to boil off the alcohol.
- Add the stock and frozen prawns, cover and simmer gently for aprprox 10 minutes spinkle peas on the top but don’t stir them in. Cook for another 4-5 minutes
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side
Total preparation and cooking time – 30 minutes (hands on)
Chicken Chorizo & Prawn Easy Risotto PDF recipe
Nutrition per serving (information from Cronometer)
|Of which is sugar||10.18g|
|Of which is saturated||4.23g|