Sometimes I make something and it is so easy I don’t feel it warrants being written up as a recipe, but then loads of people ask me how to make something and I realise there is merit in even the simplest of recipes.
This one needs to be credited to Deliciously Ella, and I find that all her recipes turn out well!
Ingredients – makes approx. 20 balls
- 200g cashew nuts
- 200g dates (preferably medjool)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Remove stones from dates and add all ingredients to a processor
- Blitz until the mixture is fine grains
- Form into balls a bit smaller than a golf ball
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days, or you can freeze in batches.
Told you it was easy.
You can add more or less ginger if you like, and if you can’t get medjool dates others will do but you might just need to add a few more as they seem to be less sticky.
Cashew nuts are quite expensive, but I buy big bags of pieces which are much cheaper.