If you follow me on Instagram you will know that these biscuits were created entirely by accident, however, once I got over the shock of them not being sweet they were actually quite nice.!! We ate them with a bit of cheddar as a snack and even my husband, who normally turns his nose up at having any kind of fruit with cheese (he’s more of a celery and tomato fan) enjoyed them.
• 100g plain
• 75g porridge oats
• 50g dried apricots – chopped
• 80ml rapeseed oil
• 1 tblsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 tblsp warm water
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Add all the dry ingredients except the apricots to a large mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Add flaxseed mixture and rapeseed oil to the bowl and mix well, it should be crumbly but hold together if you squeeze it (if it doesn’t then add a bit more oil)
3. Stir through apricots.
4. Make into about 20 golf ball sized portions and place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly with the tines of a fork.
5. Bake for 12 mins in a 190 oven
6. Allow too cool slightly on baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
Of course if you are not vegan and you don’t have any ground flaxseed in your cupboards, you can make these with eggs and butter. And of course you wouldn’t eat them with cheddar, but they would be great with a salad too!