Coconut, Oat and Apricot Vegan Biscuits
These biscuits are quite crumbly so you definitely need a nice cup of tea to go with them, but then who wants to eat a biscuit without a cuppa????
I don’t really have a sweet tooth so they are great for me, however if you do like your biscuits sweeter you might want to add a bit more syrup.
They are gluten free, however if you are making them for a coeliac you need to ensure that the oats are gluten free, for those that are just trying to eat less wheat then any porridge oats are fine.
• 100g coconut flour
• 75g porridge oats
• 50g dried apricots – chopped
• 80ml rapeseed oil
• 1 tblsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 tblsp warm water
• 4 tbsp golden syrup (two big squirts)
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Add all the dry ingredients except the apricots to a large mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Add flaxseed mixture, rapeseed oil and golden syrup to the bowl and mix well, it should be crumbly but hold together if you squeeze it (if it doesn’t then add a bit more golden syrup)
3. Stir through apricots.
4. Make into about 20 golf ball sized portions and place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly with the tines of a fork.
5. Bake for 12 mins in a 190 oven
6. Allow too cool slightly on baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
If you are trying to eat less sugar then you could add maple syrup instead of golden syrup.