I know purists will hate me for adding beans to this salad, but I love their crunch texture and I generally have a bag in my freezer and I add them to lots of dishes. I think they are a really easy way of upping your daily intake of veggies, but feel free to leave them out if you don’t agree.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 3-4 gem or romaine lettuces chopped
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 140g Cherry tomatoes halved
- 200g Edamame Beans defrosted
- 60g Kalamata Olives
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 120g feta cheese crumbled
- Large handful basil leaves torn
- 60ml red wine vinegar
- 60ml extra virgin Greek olive oil
- 1tsp dried oregano
- Large pinch salt
- Large pinch pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set to one side
- Add all salad ingredients to a bowl
- Dress about 20 mins before serving
This salad keeps pretty well (undressed) in the fridge so it’s good for portioning out for lunches, just put the dressing in a small pot and take with you.
In the summer this makes a lovely light evening meal, bulk it up a bit for a dinner sized portion I would usually server with some nice sourdough to mop up the juices.