You can use any kind of noodles for this dish, and really any vegetables, I’ve just included what I normally or prefer to use. If you don’t like something feel free to swap it out for an alternative.
The chopping of the vegetables takes longer than the cooking in this recipe. If you are quick and efficient with a knife you can have it all done in 15 minutes, it usually takes me about 25 minutes to get the meal on the table – quicker than the takeaway in both cases!
I’ve served it here with a piece of salmon, again you can use any fish or meat you have available.
If you are vegetarian, then the noodles would be really nice with a side of purple sprouting broccoli, and I would probably add more veg such as mushrooms and green peppers to bulk it up.
Ingredients – serves 2
- 80 – 100g noodles – I used a third of a pack of soba noodles
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 tbs coriander leaves chopped
- 2tbs soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbs chilli sauce (use your favourite)
- 1-2 tsp ginger grated
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and set to one side
- Cook the noodles according to the packet and drain, then toss through with the sesame oil to prevent them sticking together
- Stir fry the veg for a few minutes, add the noodles and the sauce so the pan and toss together so that all the ingredients are coated
- Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve with your preferred accompaniment!