Occasionally, very occasionally, I have some leftovers from breakfast. This only ever happens after we’ve had friends over and I’ve cooked far to much, such as the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. We then get the pleasure of having this as leftovers as a lazy TV ‘slightly hung-over’ dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 pint cheese sauce
- 80g grated hard cheese (parmesan, cheddar or a mixture)
- 80g cubed soft cheese (brie, mozzarella, gorgonzola for example)
- 250 – 300g dried pasta
- Leftover sausages & bacon chopped
- Handful baby tomatoes quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions in a large pan of salted water.
- Add cubed cheese, cooked pasta, meat and tomatoes to the cheese sauce and stir really well
- Pop into a large roasting tin and sprinkle over grated cheese
- Cook in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until cheese is nicely browned
If you are feeling a bit healthy you could serve this with a nice side salad, but honestly I would just pile it into a bowl and enjoy the decadence of it.