This is the simplest meal ever, no chopping and cooks as quick as your pasta. It uses both white and brown crab meat, the brown melts into the oil and butter to provide an unctuous fishy sauce.
You can use any pasta you like, we have very large appetites so I serve 130g for the two of us, you can increase or decrease the quantity of pasta to your own preference, there is plenty of sauce.
Ingredients – serves 2, just double or triple depending on how many you are cooking for.
- 130g dried pasta (I used wild garlic, but any flat pasta is good)
- 2 tbsp garlic oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 30ml white wine
- Knob butter
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- Handful samphire
- Juice of half a lemon
- 80 – 100g brown crab meat
- 100g white crab meat
- Put your pasta on to cook
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan add the chilli flakes and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, be careful not to burn the flakes, you want to warm them to impart their flavour.
- Add wine, butter, samphire, lemon and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the ceme fraiche and brown crab meat. You should have a lovely creamy fishy sauce.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked add it to the pan along with the white crab meat and stir to combine and coat all the pasta in the sauce.
- Check seasoning and serve
I urge everyone to try this dish at least once, and I defy anyone, no-matter how unskilled they are in the kitchen not to be able to manage it.