This is a really creamy dish, and although it’s not low exactly low calorie, it doesn’t stack up too well considering the creamy cheesy taste. It’s fabulous with pasta, rice or I quite like it with roasted sweet potato wedges.
I’ve put that it serves 3, or what we normally end up with is 2 evening meals and 2 lunches!
Ingredients – serves 3
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 300g diced chicken
- 300g broccoli florets
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Clove garlic crushed
- 150ml low fat crème fraiche
- 40g grated parmesan
- Lightly brown bacon in a large pan, you shouldn’t need any oil but if your pan is very dry add a splash of water
- Add onion and cook on low for about 5 mins till onion is transparent – again just add a splash of water if it starts to stick
- Remove from pan and then add chicken to pan and cook until just white (it doesn’t need to be fully cooked through at this point)
- Meanwhile put broccoli into a pan of water and remove as soon as the water re-boils.
- Add broccoli, salt & pepper (to taste but remember cheese is salty) and crème fraiche to pan, and warm through – do not boil
- Stir in parmesan and serve immediately
Fat 14.2g, Carbs 19.7g, Protein 44.7g